Monday, March 27, 2017

Wood utensil holder


Utensil holders are a fun way to add a little color and design to your kitchen. My mom had been on a hunt for one for quite some time and couldn't find anything she liked so she asked me to make her one. This is a pretty easy project that really anyone could do. So follow along and i'll show you how its done! 



First thing you'll need to do is cut 4 pieces of wood that are the same size. Your dimensions can vary to whatever size you need or want. 


Next you'll need to make it into a box. I did this using my brad nailer, if you don't have one you could simply use wood glue. 



You'll want to add a bottom next. After I made my box I measured the space of my opening and cut a piece so it would fit directly inside. You could also just measure the outside of the box and have it sit right on it, that would be the easiest option. 



Now for the fun part, painting! This is where you can personalize it to your own style. You can choose whatever color your heart desires!




No comments:

Post a Comment